We regularly act for investors (ranging from funds, through property companies and high net worth individuals to one off investors) on the purchase, funding and disposal of commercial investment property. Our property investment team work not only for you but alongside you in order to understand your needs, goals and expectations.
Taking on the ‘difficult’ issues
When dealing with the purchase of tenanted investment property, our expert team of solicitors will help you through what can be a legally complex area. They will address key aspects that you may need to consider including the following:-
- Transfers of a going concern (TOGC) relief
- Service charge treatment on completion of the transaction
- Any TUPE issues with employees at the property
- Lease due diligence –we have a real understanding of risk and what is institutionally acceptable in today’s market.
We regularly act on bespoke funding agreements of new development projects from pre-planning right through to acquisition of the let investments.
Once you have purchased your investment property we can quickly identify the next steps to best suit your asset management and disposal goals and expectations. Our experience ranges from dealing with smaller issues, such as tenant applications for consent, to drafting and negotiating institutionally acceptable leases which will make the most of your investment. Our wide range of experience and collaborative working style means that we can deal with management issues arising from not only a one off investment but also with entire portfolios.
You will be working with a fully prepared and updated team – we can ensure that property enquiries from a prospective tenant or future buyer are kept to a minimum (by creating a property investment pack containing all of the critical information obtained during your initial purchase immediately following completion of your initial transaction) and ensure that all relevant documentation is sent out at the outset of the disposal transaction.
Our values and your value for money
Our objective is to make your property investment as smooth and as straightforward as possible. As a full service firm, we have access to a wider team with supporting specialisms so that we can assist with any matter which may arise during a transaction (such as construction, planning, tax and employment).
All of our transactions are carried out or closely supervised at partner level, but we have a full property investment team ranging in levels of seniority. In this way we can maintain high levels of service whilst also providing value for money.
Not only do we provide value for money, we can add value to your investments and investment property knowledge. If you are a large company dealing with a number of investments, our team would be more than happy to run presentations or Q&A sessions which deal with the key issues being faced by landlords and the main factors to consider when purchasing an investment property or provide an annual update on the cases of the year which have changed the way we look at investment property.
Examples of recent projects which we have assisted on are:-
- advised a client on the provision of £15 million development financing to fund the construction of a national advanced manufacturing and engineering distribution hub;
- acted on the sale of a combined residential and retail/office investment to offshore interests;
- completed an investment purchase for AC Lloyd (Asset Management) Limited of an 81,000 sq ft unit at Tachbrook Park Industrial Estate, Leamington Spa let to automotive component manufacturer Grupo Antolin;
- advised HSBC on a funding package to support the acquisition of new premises for Coventry-based engineering company Penso Consulting. able to pitch a response that meets our requirements rather than merely quote the law." able to pitch a response that meets our requirements rather than merely quote the law.