Regulatory risk & compliance
Health and safety
Problems can arise even at the best run companies. Some examples include:
- Factory accidents that result in injury or death – e.g. a visitor to factory premises is run over by a forklift truck.
- An employee is injured by a piece of equipment after being instructed to work in a part of the factory that he is unfamiliar with.
- An employee is injured by sheets of metal falling on him which had not been stored safely in the employer’s factory.
"Wright Hassall is small enough so that they are very personable and approachable yet large enough to have all the expertise needed"
Reducing the risks for you
Our specialist lawyers have experience of the practical application of the law and can:
- advise on best practice and company policy;
- identify the risks within your business and advise on risk assessments;
- implement robust frameworks to minimise the risk of non-compliance; and
- advise on training techniques for your workforce
If things go wrong
We can assist you by:
- advising on how to deal with the Regulator;
- attending interviews with you and the Regulator;
- representing you in court proceedings and at inquests;
- advising on personal injury or other claims; and
- advising on media interest in a particular case.
Last autumn, the Home Office wrote to 17,000 businesses reminding them of their obligations under the Modern Slavery Act...Read article