Lindsay has advised on a broad range of substantial and complex arrangements in a diverse number of sectors including: technology, transport/logistics, public, automotive, engineering (including aviation) and retail.
His expertise also extends to advising on agency/distribution and IP as well as regulatory compliance (with a particular expertise in public procurement).
He also uses his significant experience in regulatory matters in his role as the firm’s Compliance Officer by ensuring the firm has appropriate systems and controls in place.
"Lindsay Ellis is considered "a really good tech lawyer" by market commentators"
Lindsay has considerable experience in advising third-party logistics providers (3PLs) and customers on outsourcings, procurements and commercial contracts in the private and public sectors. More specifically, he advises on logistics agreements; technology/e-commerce procurements; exit arrangements and supply chain contracts. Before joining Wright Hassall, Lindsay was a partner with a major London/regional firm where he headed up their Logistics Sector Group.
Relevant logistics experience includes:
- Advising 3PL on a number of substantive distribution outsourcings by global breweries.
Outsourcing and technology
Lindsay advises on a diverse range of technology and commercial matters (including business critical and substantive outsourcings and procurements) for a broad range of clients (from multi-nationals and FTSE 100s through to SMEs). Lindsay’s experience includes advising:
- technology provider in connection with Project Aspire, the HMRC IT outsourcing with a published value of £3.5 billion;
- tour operator/airline in connection with a broad range of IT contracts (including procurements, integration and Cloud-based services); and
- technology provider in connection with provision of technology solutions/ implementations for various healthcare providers/ pharmaceuticals.
"Lindsay Ellis advises both providers and customers of IT on a range of outsourcing and procurement work. Clients say: "He's extremely strong on a technical level."
Prior to joining us, Lindsay was a partner with a London/major regional firm where he headed up their technology and transport/logistics practices. He has also worked in-house within the financial services sector and with a major city firm.
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (Committee Member of the Outsourcing and Procurement Forum)
When family life permits, Lindsay enjoys music and motorsport.