Monica is a Partner in our corporate team and heads up the healthcare team, which advises health and social care providers, medical suppliers, not-for-profit organisations and healthcare professionals.
She has a wide experience of corporate matters with particular specialism in acquisitions, disposals and corporate restructuring of businesses in the healthcare sector.
Corporate transactions - Advising on, reorganisations, mergers, disposals and acquisitions, assets and share transactions, financing and raising loan capital equity, advising on personal guarantees and other security for loans.
Companies and partnerships - Establishing companies, LLPs and partnerships, Enterprise Management Incentive and Enterprise Investment Schemes, dealing with administration such as Companies Act 2006 issues, changes in constitution or governance, group service arrangements, retirements, changes of ownership and dissolution or winding up. She also advises on the roles, right and duties of directors, shareholders, partners and LLP members.
New business ventures - Working to set up new businesses, whether as a company, Limited Liability Partnership, Community Interest Company or Joint Venture.
Commercial contracts - Advising on all types of standard terms, commercial contracts, collaborations and agreements, including manufacturing, supply, distribution, events, licensing, franchising and professional appointments.
- Collapse of six employee owned franchise domiciliary care companies to form a new group structure including the use of an Employee Owned Trust, Employee Benefit Trust, Share Incentive Plans and EMI Options;
- Merger of two voluntary organisations providing care and support to the disabled to form a group with a turnover in excess £50M;
- Acquisitions of a number of domiciliary care companies and businesses by a national independent domiciliary care provider;
- Merger of two housing registered providers
- LVST involving an ALMO (Arm’s length management organisation)
- Acquisitions of residential care providers by housing registered providers
- Acquisitions of maintenance contractors by housing registered providers
- Joint venture acquisition of a training company by three housing registered providers
- Collaboration between an employee owned mutual, private sector provider and a social investment provider as part of joint venture bid for a £25M service contract to provide probation services
- Sale of an online takeaway ordering company as a bolt-on acquisition for a national online takeaway ordering company
- Restructuring and sale of a Midlands based catering company