Gemma deals with all types of commercial contract disputes, arbitration proceedings and professional negligence claims.
She has particular expertise in professional negligence claims and acts on a regular basis for individuals and companies in claims against solicitors, accountant’s surveyors, architects, vets and financial advisers.
Gemma prides herself on giving straightforward and clear advice. She is approachable and makes the most complex of issues easily accessible and understandable for her clients.
"Gemma Carson, has a similar focus on commercial contract disputes and handles professional negligence claims. 'City firm service, but from a regional firm - local, personable and cost-effective.'"
- acting for an individual in a claim against his former solicitors in relation to advice given in a conveyancing transaction concerning rights of way;
- acting for an individual in a claim against her financial advisor in relation to investment advice;
- acting for an individual in a claim against her former solicitors in relation to a failure to conclude cost proceedings and recover additional liabilities from her opponent;
- acting for an individual in a claim against her former solicitors in relation to advice given in an ancillary relief proceedings concerning a shareholders agreement;
- acting for an individual in a claim against her former solicitors in relation to advice given in respect of the value and settlement of a personal injury claim;
- acting for an individual in a claim against his former solicitors in relation to a failure to advise on funding, cost liabilities and the risk of an adverse cost order in fast track proceedings.
Gemma also has a particular interest in the niche area of costs and funding. Gemma has a breadth of knowledge and expertise in issues and disputes arising in the recovery of costs, retainers, additional liabilities, cost budgeting and detailed assessment proceedings. Gemma is the in-house expert in the area of costs and funding.
"Clients want to know 2 things when they come and see a solicitor, how long is it going to take to resolve and how much is it going to cost – the fact that they have come to see you in the first place answers the question, can you resolve my problem"
"Wright Hassall LLP’s substantial team covers disputes in sectors such as technology, finance and professional services. Gemma Carson leads the commercial litigation team."
After graduating from Wolverhampton University, Gemma joined Wright Hassall in 2001 as a paralegal. After successfully completing her training contract, she qualified as a solicitor in 2004. Originally part of the personal injury team, Gemma joined the commercial litigation department to specialise in inheritance and professional negligence disputes. Gemma became a partner in 2012.
Away from work, Gemma is an avid fan of most sports and in particular football, spending most Saturday afternoons cheering on her favourite team with her family.