" ... ability of the team to "put in the right resources" and "offer a collaborative service."
- Advised a client on recovering an ATE insurance premium which had been left in abeyance for 5 years by the client’s previous solicitors following proceedings being issued by the ATE insurer. The full amount of the ATE premium was successfully recovered for the client.
- Successfully settled the proceedings brought by the ATE insurer in the above matter including settling the ATE insurer’s legal costs.
- Successfully concluded costs proceedings in a defamation claim recovering 85% of the costs as claimed for the client.
- Assisted on a breach of contract claim arising out of the sale of cows affected by Johnes’ Disease. Successfully concluded the costs claim following settlement of the original matter shortly before trial.
- Assisted on a breach of contract, fraud and alleged misrepresentation claim for an international marketing company.
- Assisted on a professional negligence claim against clients’ former solicitors arising out of the purchase of their property.
- Assisted on a professional negligence claim arising out of the negligent advice provided by a surveyor.
- Assisted on a shareholder dispute for an engineering company.
- Advised in regard to defamation concerning a broadcast on Channel 5 television.
"City firm service, but from a regional firm – local, personable and cost-effective."
Jennifer had a successful career as a personal assistant prior to becoming a legal secretary at Wright Hassall LLP in June 2008. In January 2010, Jennifer was promoted to paralegal and has continued to work in this role and increase her experience. Jennifer obtained a 2:1 law degree through the Open University whilst working full time and is currently studying for her Chartered Legal Executive qualification.
In Jennifer’s spare time, when she is not studying, Jennifer enjoys watching most sports and is especially a fan of Rugby Union and often goes to Twickenham to support England and enjoys reading.