"In addition, in the legal industry, Wright Hassall advises leading law firms on their internal immigration issues"
- Checking forms for accuracy and to identify queries and requirements for additional information
- Online submission of applications and timely upload of supporting documents
- Assisting clients with practical arrangements for biometric submission
"The firm is retained by the UK arms of large international businesses and has strong links with London and the USA."
- Maha intends to progress her legal qualifications through SQE 1 – SQE2 exams in 2024.
- LLB (Hons) Bachelor of Law, University of Law Birmingham 2019
- Legal Assistant on a pro Bono basis, Birmingham Employment Right Advice line (BERAL) at University of Law clinic. Sep 2017- 2018. (Shadowed specialist lawyers at Pinsent Masons and Eversheds, gaining valuable skills and experience in employment law).
- Administrative Housing and Finance Officer, Focus Housing Ltd. July 2019 – December 2019. (Maintained client files and assigned tracking systems, along with other essential administrative tasks including HM prison referrals, stakeholder enquiries, correspondence and reporting. Managed office and properties inventory and undertook decision making process for new supply orders.
- Social Housing Provider Officer, Midlands Housing Ltd, December 2019 -April 2021. (Manged all properties administrative tasks including processing housing benefit claims, applying for Land Registry searches, allocating staff to complete property inspections and H&S compliance audit. Oversaw tenant lists and certification for 32 properties, completing all reporting and correspondence tasks along with processing and manging utility bills.
- Personal Immigration Paralegal, Freedom Solicitors Birmingham September 2021 - April 2022 (Managed a complex caseload of 22 clients, processing initial instructions, progressing each case, commencing new claims, drafting asylum witness statements and processing asylum registrations. Requested Subject Access Request (SAR) from the Home Office and drafted Pre Action-Protocol (PAP) on behalf of the clients to claim compensation for the period of detention upon entering the country. Completed application process for travel documents and Asylum Registration Card (ARC).
- Legal Alumni Group
- Arab Lawyers Forum
Maha enjoys travelling and dining out with friends and family.