Phil specialises in volume debt recovery including asset finance recoveries, book debt collect outs, consumer and commercial debt recovery, residential mortgage shortfall, former tenant arrears, former staff debts, club and membership collections, and pay day loans.
"Phil Wilding heads the debt recovery team and ensures that clients are provided with an excellent level of service"
- Project manager for the closure of an in-house litigation debt collection department with the successful transfer of files into a new collection process which delivered cost savings and increased performance
- Advised and provided multi-year debt collections service contracts to many of the leading banks such as HSBC, Santander, RBS, LBG, MBNA, Cooperative Bank.
- Advised a large public sector body on their future debt collection strategy.
- Manages 8000 new cases per month for a leading debt purchaser involving pre-legal and litigation solutions.
- Advised several investors considering entering the UK debt purchase sector providing market feedback, a review of market opportunities and identification of barriers to entry.
"Wright Hassall provides an excellent level of service and support throughout the debt recovery process – there is a good team which is focused on delivering an excellent level of service"
Prior to joining Wright Hassall, Phil was working at a private equity backed debt collection business serving the consumer finance industry providing a range of services from debt collection to debt purchase, portfolio management and trace.
Phil enjoys motorsport, rugby, food and travel.