Our commercial litigation solicitors are a team of over 25 dispute resolution specialists, representing SMEs through to plcs on litigation, arbitration, mediation and regulatory matters. Our expert project management and a commercial approach enable us to deliver cost-effective solutions whatever the size and complexity of your dispute.
All of our funding options apply to business clients, including no-win, no-fee type arrangements where you only pay our costs if we win (and your opponent should then already have paid the lion’s share). We can offer conditional fees and discounted fees to offer flexibility on funding your claim. Hand in hand with advice on funding comes advice on minimising the risks by after the event insurance; we have significant experience in obtaining appropriate cover. Please see our "Guide to funding a litigation claim" for more information
We have a "first-rate" team according to the Legal 500 2015, we can scale up to multi-million pound disputes but also have the flexibility to deal with lower value claims.
- the sale and supply of goods and services
- breaches of employment contracts
- franchise agreements
- consumer contracts and rules
- breach of warranty claims, and
- regulations of bodies, associations and clubs.
- partnership contracts
- disputes among shareholders
- the winding up of companies
- M&A litigation where problems arise during or after acquisitions
- earn out disputes
- internal board disputes
- actions against directors for unfair prejudice against minority shareholders.
- employee infidelity
- mortgage fraud
- all allegations of fraud in a corporate context
- recovering assets and injunctions to freeze assets
- claims to recover assets lost through cyber crime
- hire purchase, contract hire, finance leases and operating leases
- consumer credit
- factoring and invoice discounting
- property repossessions
We act for a variety of businesses making interest rate hedging claims who have been sold IRHPs. We also advise in relation to
- the options at court
- FOS and Enterprise Finance Guarantee claims and other similar claims, advising particularly on:
- how best to progress a complaint through the FCA redress scheme most effectively.
How to fund your dispute
We offer funding for suitable cases to reduce the strain on businesses of funding a dispute and reduce the risks. Our team is committed to finding the best funding package to suit you and your dispute.
Conditional fee agreements (no win no fee) mean you only pay for our fees if you win. We also offer discounted fee agreements which means you pay a reduced fee and only become liable for the full sum of fees if you win.
In both cases it is usual for the other side to pay a high proportion of the costs. We have a good working relationship with many insurers who can provide “after the event” insurance to protect the risk of losing a case.
Please call our commercial litigation solicitors for a no obligation consultation regarding your claim.
In a recent court case, we successfully argued that our clients' restrictive covenants were too wide. So where do you draw the line between preventing ex-employees from poaching your business and allowing them to continue to pursue their livelihood?Read more
Specialist restrictive covenant team at Wright Hassall of Susan Hopcraft, Andrew Spooner and Rebecca Green successfully advise former Affinity IFAs on the £10m claim brought against them by Wealth at Work.Read more
The long awaited Third Parties (Rights Against Insurers) Act 2010 (“the Act”) will come into force on 1 August 2016.Read more