Problems with technology contracts require specialised solutions. We provide those solutions, applying decades of experience of technology contracts, large and small, domestic and international. We have a thorough understanding of the technologies and industry trends, which we apply to successfully resolve disputes.
Whether you need advice behind the scenes to help to manage a difficult relationship, or someone to represent you and your interests directly, we are here to help. We review existing contractual arrangements, provide appropriately detailed analysis of liabilities and risks, before agreeing with you a strategy to meet your business objectives.
Some litigants apply for litigation funding to pay their legal costs because without it they would not be able to afford to pursue an action at all. But this is not the only situation in which litigants seek to use litigation funding.
Businesses no longer need to invest and risk their own capital to fund a legal claim. FISCUS is the funding package that we can offer clients to help manage the financial risk of litigation and move those costs off your balance sheet.
Find out more about litigation funding options available to you.
What we offer
- Advice and assistance with proactive, cost effective, early resolution of disputes (EDR)
- In life contract management advice and assistance, including:
- relationship issues;
- performance delays;
- claims for relief;
- non or late payment; and
- engagement of the escalation process
- Decades of experience in IT and outsourcing contracts
- City experience and service levels, without the price tag
- Partner or partner equivalent access
- Cost effective early dispute resolution and sound commercially focussed legal and strategic advice
- Close and seamless relationship with colleagues dealing with non-contentious IT issues
How we work
As outsourcing and other IT contracts are so often business critical, we recognise that early resolution and preserving the relationship is in many cases vital. With this in mind, we use our Early Dispute Resolution (EDR).
Early Dispute Resolution
Early dispute resolution covers legal and strategic advice and negotiations (including mediation). We regularly engage early dispute resolution in advising on high-value outsourcing and project disputes. Following our review of key documents and speaking with key individuals, we provide an analysis of:
- The strength of your position;
- The range of realistic outcomes and, as importantly, our recommendations; and
- How best to achieve the preferred outcome without litigation.
We then represent directly, or behind the scenes. Integral to our advice is the appropriate use of contract escalation/dispute resolution procedures and consideration of responding to and making offers. This includes the appropriate level and type of offer, and whether to make it as Part 36 and without prejudice save as to costs.
When a dispute cannot be settled through early dispute resolution, we pursue disputes robustly.