We advise educational institutions across the UK, including universities, colleges, academies, and independent schools, on all their legal needs. We also act for over 50 charities and not-for-profit organisations both regionally and nationally, a number of which operate in the field of education including Bilton Grange Trust and the Warwick Independent Schools Foundation.
Our education lawyers advise on:
- School service contracts, outsourcing and consortium arrangements.
- Employment advice including tribunal representation.
- School estates and property advice including lettings, acquisitions, sales and licences.
- Banking and finance.
- Planning and construction of new buildings and facilities.
- Temporary event notices and permanent licensing applications.
- Student litigation advice.
- School admission, point of law appeals and exclusions.
- Academy conversions.
- Capital projects; due diligence; corporate bonds; charitable status.
It is extremely useful to work with someone local, who knows our business and can support us when we need additional expert advice.