Tina is a qualified barrister and solicitor with extensive experience in employment law matters for both individuals and businesses.
Tina acts for employers of all sizes from small businesses to large national and international businesses. She also supports the commercial and corporate teams in relation to the employment aspects of business transfers.
Tina also advises both employers and employees in connection with employment tribunal proceedings and appeals.
Tina's expertise covers all employment law issues including: Unfair dismissal, discrimination, negotiating high value termination packages, drafting employment contracts, staff handbooks and policies.
She also advises HR teams on the law and its application, settlement agreements, redundancy and restructuring, Acas Code on disciplinary and grievance procedures, managing dismissals, providing in house training and providing TUPE advice.
"Tina is known for her enthusiasm and her ability to tune into her clients's wavelength. She provides clear, straightforward and no nonsense advice when clients need it the most. “First class, prompt and easy to understand”
- Regularly instructed by Europe’s leading play supplier and manufacturer to deal with HR and employment law matters.
- Instructed by a specialist publishing house, producing high-quality distinctive publications for industries, clients and corporate customers worldwide, in a claim issued by a former employee for unfair dismissal and discrimination which was successfully defended at the Tribunal.
- Instructed by a global valuation and corporate finance adviser to provide employment law advice in relation to a number of care homes placed in administration
- Instructed by two maintenance and construction companies undertaking work for MOD to provide HR and employment law advice in relation to the transfer of employees.
- Instructed by a senior director of national property developer to negotiate an exit package.
"Tina Chander's "authority with clients is impressive"
Tina qualified as a solicitor in 2008 and joined us in 2016.