Matthew is an expert in business immigration law, advising employers, business people and investors. Chambers UK quotes peers as saying he “has a tremendous knowledge of new developments, and is able to figure out complex situations”.
"Team head Matthew Davies is a fully admitted member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and has strong ties to US immigration law practices."
- Assisted multiple blue-chip and start-up companies in securing Home Office Sponsor Licences to employ foreign nationals in the UK, and in maintaining compliance
- Acted for employers facing Home Office investigation and civil and criminal penalties for breach of their immigration obligations
- Advised businesses whose sponsor licences had lapsed or been revoked as a result of compliance failures or Home Office decisions, securing the immigration status of sponsored employees whose jobs were at risk as a result
- Advised employers on maintaining compliance with immigration law including prevention of illegal working
- Drafting policies, procedures and advising on associated employment law issues to enable business who rely on non-EEA nationals to maintain immigration compliance and avoid liabilities
"He has a wealth of experience in business immigration law regularly advising employers on sponsorship matters and compliance. "He's incredibly dedicated and really knows his stuff - a fantastic lawyer," comments one impressed source."
Matthew trained at Addleshaw Goddard in the City of London, staying with its employment department on qualification in 1997. He gained experience in business immigration from the outset. He subsequently joined Magrath LLP to further his specialist experience within its substantial immigration team. In 2007 Matthew was appointed partner and head of business immigration at city of London firm Fox Williams, moving to lead the immigration team at Wright Hassall as a partner in May 2016.
- Immigration Law Practitioners Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- International Bar Association.
Outside work Matthew enjoys music, especially choral singing, is involved with local history projects and a leading member of a local residents’ association. He is a proud native of Coventry and Warwickshire and an enthusiast for its future success as an economic region.