"Clients praise team head Rhys Jarman as being 'highly analytical and very astute on the commercial side of the negotiations'."
- Successful conclusion of High Court proceedings in respect of an allegation of copyright infringement in computer games software.
- Advising a gaming company in relation to alleged breach of confidence by a former employee.
- Successfully defended Patents County Court proceedings in respect of patented technology used in double glazing.
- Advising on a patent dispute relating to a household product.
- Advising on alleged patent infringement and copyright infringement relating to audio-watermarking of sound recordings.
- Advising an inventor in relation to a contractual dispute under a patent licence relating to the inventor’s entitlement to license fees.
- Acting in several IPEC proceedings relating to the infringement of copyright in photographs.
- Acting in an international arbitration relating to an allegation of trade mark infringement and breach of contract.
- Acting in trade mark opposition proceedings for clients ranging from software application developers to a snack distributor.
- Resolution of a dispute between songwriters and performers of a song which had been used without permission in a film globally released in cinemas, by way of a payment of a substantial royalty to our clients.
- Successful conclusion of IPEC proceedings relating to the alleged infringement of a registered design.
- Advising on numerous unregistered design right claims for major lighting manufacturer and retailers.
"Clients say: "He is very knowledgeable and helpful, and provides legal analysis and detail in a way that can be easily understood."
Rhys gained his law degree from Southampton University and subsequently trained with DLA. He has a Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice from Bristol University. He became a partner at Wright Hassall in 2003.
Playing and watching most sports, particularly football (as a life long fan of Ipswich Town FC), golf and travel.