Robert heads up the corporate group at Wright Hassall. With over 20 years’ experience, he specialises in mergers and acquisitions, turnarounds, corporate restructuring and joint ventures. Robert also has extensive experience in advising on shareholder agreements, company law, corporate finance and refinancing, buy ins and buy outs (MBOs) and takeovers, both within the domestic and international environment.
He has particular expertise in corporate restructuring within the retail sector and acts for a range of clients from large privately-owned companies to entrepreneurial ventures. Robert is pragmatic and business focussed, often acting as a strategic coordinating counsel.
"Clients say: "[Robert] is very knowledgeable and good at making sure the detail is taken care of."
- Advising on the disposal of Educare, the UK’s leading provider of essential duty of care and safeguarding training to Tes Global.
- Advising 101 Films International on its joint venture with The Wonderfilm Media Corporation which launched ‘Wonderfilm Global’ a new film, television and media sales company.
- Acting for Hilco Capital a prominent financial investor and adviser, that specialises in restructuring and refinancing other companies, working across a broad range of sectors.
- Advised on the acquisition of construction consultants, Always Group, by international project and construction programme management company, Rhead Group for an undisclosed consideration.
- Advised SPS Logistics Limited with the sale of the company’s business and assets.
- Advised Zebco Sport Europe in connection with MBO and subsequently on refinancing/corporate issues relating to its European group of companies.
- Advised Valco Capital Partners on Denby Pottery’s acquisition of Burgess Dorling & Leigh, the producers of Burleigh Pottery.
- Advised an international restructuring business on its purchase of international carpet manufacturer Kraus Group, involving cross-border transaction services.
- Advised CEBA Angels on their investment in games company Caperfly.
- Advised an international restructuring business on its purchase of Pochin Concrete Pumping Ltd
"Clients say he is an "unflappable corporate lawyer who provides good commercial advice."
Having trained with The Wilkes Partnership, Robert joined WH in 1995 becoming a partner in 1998.
- The Rotary Club
- Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce
Robert enjoys squash, history, gardening and walking.