- Participating in Active Travel pilot with Warwickshire Council to encourage healthier and environmentally friendly travel to work
- Cutting our business travel by around 80% and committing to maintain this level without compromising client services by utilising optimal technology
- Ethical selection of suppliers who share our sustainable values, most recently, Olive – who manage our in-house café and catering and have clear sustainability standards, and Prontaprint – our local printer who has an impressive carbon capture programme
- Energy efficiency focus within our office building, including replacing all the car park lights with LED lighting, placing movement sensors all the toilets, and re-organising use of office space to reduce area needing to be heated during winter
- Replaced our aging gas central heating boilers with energy efficient condensing boilers and our IT servers with more energy efficient equipment
- Recycling of all wastepaper, cardboard, aluminium, and plastic products
- Using sustainable material wherever possible such as recycled paper
- All staff provided with re-useable cups to eliminate one-use cups in our vending machines.
We are proud to announce that we are working with Planet Mark to measure our carbon footprint and have a positive impact on planet and society. Through the Planet Mark Business Certification, we will be measuring and reducing our carbon footprint to ensure that we are embedding sustainability into our business practices.
Committing to achieving Planet Mark Business Certification demonstrates our dedication to sustainability. We are excited to start reducing our carbon emissions to help create a planet that is fit for us and future generations.
With the support of the entire business, we’re working to do more good.
We encourage you to get in touch if you would like further details on our journey.
"It’s important to encourage a more active lifestyle and also recognise that we all need take a more proactive stance towards the environment"
- Wright Hassall Charitable Trust raises funds for local charities
- Our charity focus for this year is Young People First that supports vulnerable young people in Warwick District
- Legal Hub free monthly law clinic with law students from Warwick University
- All staff entitled to a volunteering day a year
- Donation of our legal services pro bono to the Warwick district and Stratford-upon-Avon foodbanks
- Providing a law bursary to a disadvantaged student in our region
- A hybrid working policy to encourage staff to balance work and home lives
- An active Equality Diversity & Inclusion committee made up of senior and junior members of staff
- Cost of living payment to staff
- Social Supermarket is one of our suppliers.
"To see so many people get together for something positive and raise money for good causes is a wonderful thing and we are very happy to be a part of that"
- Responsible Business Policy owned by Senior Leadership Team
- ESG part of our Corporate Scorecard, measured and published monthly
- FAIR Values defining our culture
- The Wright Hassall Way of delivering exceptional client service
- Lexcel Accreditation by the Law Society indicating quality of legal practice management standards
- An accredited Investor in People.