We advise national and regional charities and not-for-profit organisations on the full range of charity law, governance and regulatory issues alongside day-to-day operational matters: employment, litigation, property and corporate.
Achieving Charitable status is great news for us taking British Dressage into a new era. Your team have been fantastic in getting us to this result. We could not have done it without them.
Our charities & not-for-profit expertise
- setting up charitable organisations
- formation and administration of charitable trusts
- constitutional and governance issues
- trustee duties and powers
- charity mergers, joint ventures and restructuring
- dissolution of charitable organisations
- fundraising and investment
- terms and conditions of grant giving
- charitable pledges, donation agreements and legacy disputes
We advise charities on all types of commercial activities including:
- the use of trading subsidiaries
- recruitment and retention of employees
- remuneration and contracts
- disciplinary and grievance procedures
- employment tribunals and advocacy
- the employment aspects of charity restructures and mergers
- data protection
- sale of charity land
- purchase of freehold or leasehold property
- lease renewals
Take a look at our social housing expertise to find out how we can help.