We have significant experience in recovering debts on behalf of banks, financial and insurance institutions, corporates, retailers, SMEs and individual traders.
If you have been contacted by Wright Hassall in relation to an outstanding debt
If you have received a call, SMS or letter from us, it is important that you contact us so that we can discuss the matter and reach a resolution with you. Please see our dedicated pages for more information.
Are you looking for Wright Hassall to collect outstanding debts for your business?
Our debt recovery team advises lenders and businesses on:
- pre-legal collections and recoveries
- business debt collection
- outsourced/ overflow credit control
- portfolio segmentation
- legal collections
- construction debt recovery
- invoicing and factoring including full collect-out service, guarantor and indemnity actions, issues of notice of assignment and demands, enforcement proceedings, injunctions, including freezing orders
- mortgage rehabilitation and compliance with the Pre-Action Protocol
- fraud recoveries
- advice on issues following client failure and insolvency
- all methods of enforcement
Our restructuring & insolvency team can also advise on personal bankruptcy and insolvency.
Quality assured: Wright Hassall is Lexcel accredited, the Law Society’s legal practice quality mark for practice management and client care.
The *fee scale outlined below is calculated on the basis of issuing an individual claim for an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and not subject to enforcement action. We will give you an accurate estimate once we understand the scope of your claim. Please contact us if you have a portfolio of claims. All work is undertaken by a team of paralegals supervised by a qualified lawyer.
Value of claim(NB Interest and compensation may take your debt into a higher banding)
Fee scale (including VAT)(NB VAT is not recoverable from your debtor)
|Up to £10,000||£96 - £480|
|£10,001 - £50,000||£840 – £1080|
|£50,001 - £100,000||£1440|
|£100,001 and above||Please get in touch with us|
|The prices above do not take into account any costs payable to a third party such as court fees https://www.gov.uk/court-fees-what-they-are|
- Taking instructions and reviewing documents
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment on your behalf and passing it to you
- Drafting and issuing claim if debt not paid
- Applying to the court to enter judgment in default if no Acknowledgement of Service or Defence is received
- Requesting payment when judgment in default is received
- Advising on next steps if payment not received within a reasonable time frame (usually 14 days)
If the debt is disputed, the fixed fees above will not apply. If you have a disputed debt, our litigation team will advise on the work involved and the likely cost. This will depend on a number of variables including the number of witnesses, the complexity of the defence raised, the amount of documentation to be reviewed, any counterclaims, any commercial objectives (including other disputes rolled up with the defended claim), and the parties involved.