Wright Hassall has significant experience in recovering debts on behalf of banks, financial and insurance institutions, corporates, retailers, SMEs and individual traders. We offer the flexibility of collecting debts either through Wright Hassall, our separate Debt Collection Agency (DCA) QDR Solicitors, or using a multi-phased strategy that combines them both.
Our restructuring & insolvency team can also advise on personal bankruptcy and insolvency.
Our debt recovery team advises lenders and businesses on:
- pre-legal collections and recoveries
- business debt collection
- outsourced/ overflow credit control
- portfolio segmentation
- legal collections
- construction debt recovery
- invoicing and factoring including full collect-out service, guarantor and indemnity actions, issues of notice of assignment and demands, enforcement proceedings, injunctions, including freezing orders
- mortgage rehabilitation and compliance with the Pre-Action Protocol
- fraud recoveries
- advice on issues following client failure and insolvency
- all methods of enforcement
You can find expert guidance here.
In any business, no matter whether you are big or small, cash flow is king. This article takes a look at what you can do to deal with late payments.Read more
A summary of the Supreme Court decision in ParkingEye Limited (Respondent) v Beavis (Appellant)  UKSC 67.Read more
A recent case has confirmed that if Debtors ignore bankruptcy proceedings they can have details of Orders made against them posted on their Facebook page by Trustees in Bankruptcy.Read more