Our niche team specialise in high value and complex pension, tax and financial products litigation. Our solutions meet our client’s objectives and needs. Dispute avoidance and early resolution of disputes is a large part of our practice.
We understand that managing risk and disputes diverts valuable resource and time away from a business’ core objectives. Disputes can prohibit growth, expansion and ultimate success.
We see each dispute as a project. We strategically manage every project together with our clients to deliver practical, commercial ways of managing risk and resolving disputes. Every project is appropriately resourced by allocating suitable expertise and adopting innovative methods of cost control.
Our dispute resolution team is one of the largest outside London and acts for leading global organisations, regularly managing heavyweight litigation. We provide smart solutions at all stages of the dispute resolution process. This includes:
- early advice to avoid or prevent a risk or issue escalating;
- seeking settlement on commercially acceptable terms by using various methods such as mediation; or,
- litigation or arbitration, as appropriate
- A multi-million pound claim by HMRC against a limited company relating the establishment of employee benefit trusts (EBT) and employer funded retirement benefit schemes (EFRBS);
- The impact and enforceability of APNs on businesses and individuals;
- We act for numerous individuals who advised to enter into film partnerships;
- A mis-sold Employee Bonus Scheme based on contract for differences resulting in a £20M+ demand from HMRC;
- Negligent financial advice relating to pensions;
- Claims where advisers have failed to invest according to the client’s attitude to risk; and
- Incorrectly executed schemes resulting in an inability to claim the tax relief intended.