Our dedicated logistics sector team has a strong and a recognised track record in advising on all aspects of logistics, whether acting for the third party logistics provider or the end user. We understand logistics; the key drivers, the challenges faced and the need to adopt a pragmatic approach. Drawing on our broad experience and adopting a solutions-driven approach, we help our clients secure competitive advantage and achieve the outcomes they require.
Our logistics lawyers advise on:
- outsourced distribution agreements
- supply chain contracts (including flow down of prime terms into subcontracts)
- technology procurements (including licensing of third party/proprietary solutions to/for the benefit of end users) and outsourcings, integration and maintenance/support
- commercial contracts – industry standard terms, bespoke contracts and international carriage
- joint ventures, strategic alliances and collaboration arrangements
- acquisitions, disposals and related corporate transactions
- distribution centres and related commercial property transactions
- environmental and regulatory compliance (including road traffic, health and safety, waste and insurance)
- fleet procurement and management (including financing)
- employment (including key director/personnel appointments, disciplinary/dismissal and TUPE)
- employment tax compliance/cost savings (salary sacrifice) arrangements
- dispute resolution
We do not just advise on the law. We adopt a holistic approach, working with other industry experts, to provide a broad range of services to the logistics sector. This includes advising on: supply chain management (including scalability, rationalisation and savings), warehousing and regulatory (including health and safety as well as operator licensing).
Lindsay Ellis heads the team at Wright Hassall and provides ‘excellent all-round advice’. The team acts for some well-known logistics providers.