Our insolvency solicitors act for lenders, borrowers, insolvency practitioners and company directors on a wide range of business recovery, turnaround and insolvency matters.
- acting for and advising administrators, administrative receivers and liquidators and advising on Law of Property Act receiverships
- company voluntary arrangements (CVAs)
- collection and protection of assets including wrongful/fraudulent trading actions, transactions at an under-value and preferences
- security, priority and inter-creditor arrangements, debt collection and reservation of title claims
- banking and security advice
- restructuring, debt/equity swaps and re-constructions, directors’ duties and directors’ disqualification issues
- issuing and defending statutory demands and bankruptcy petitions to include advising and preparing applications for suspension of discharge from bankruptcy
- Income Payment Agreements (IPAs) and applications to court to obtain Income Payment Orders (IPOs)
- antecedent transactions (transaction at an undervalue and preference claims)
- recovery of book debts due to individuals (including members of a partnership) subject to a bankruptcy order and book debts due to companies or partnerships against which a winding up order has been made
- principles of equity of exoneration and equitable accounting claims
- possession and sale applications and recovery of assets, including assets outside of the jurisdiction.