We helped a technology provider to turn around a substantially delayed implementation of a major data centre / hosting contract for a state owned organisation by:
- clear, practical and effective analysis of the contract and situation using early dispute resolution;
- concise strategic briefing of senior management;
- robust use of the contractual relief mechanism;
- swift and effective deployment of the contractual escalation process; and
- introducing a third party to produce a report quantifying the overall failure and apportioning blame.
This enabled us and our client to:
- avoid liquidated damages;
- agree an extension of the contract term commensurate to the delay and so restore long term profitability to the contract;
- obtain additional payments from the customer for implementation delay and additional work.