Nearly all of Iain's work involves disputes which are confidential to the parties. Here are some recent and notable but anonymised examples of his work:
- Advised major business software reseller in disputes with customers over licensing and over deployment
- Acted in disputes involving former employees and the misuse of confidential information, copyright, database right and trade mark infringement
- Acted for automotive component manufacturer defending trade mark infringement allegations from a major automotive marque
- Advised on resolution of data breach for construction business
- Advised a major software provider in a dispute over a problematic implementation for a public sector customer
- Advised major reseller of technology consumables on multi-party High Court proceedings brought by major technology manufacturer, alleging that our client supplied counterfeit products
- Provided clearance advice for a prime-time television advertisement for a retail product
- Acted in trade mark oppositions for clients in sectors including sports, technology, retail, automotive and charity
- Acted in High Court proceedings for groundless threats of trade mark infringement
- Advised manufacturers on competition law issues on pricing
- Acted in patent infringement and validity dispute for telecoms installation supplier
- Acted in domain name disputes before WIPO, for both complainants and respondents
- Acted for various professional photographers in copyright infringement claims including Sheldon v Daybrook House  EWPCC 26
"Iain Colville is a "very experienced litigator" who "comes up with sensible solutions to problems," according to market sources. He specialises in trade mark and branding work in a variety of sectors, including technology, entertainment and manufacturing."
Iain read law at the University of Exeter, where he also completed his Diploma in Legal Practice. He trained with Wright Hassall and qualified in 1999.
Iain's interests include playing touch rugby, watching full contact rugby, and long walks in the countryside. He is also a charity trustee at his local Baptist church.