"Iain Colville is a "very experienced litigator" who "comes up with sensible solutions to problems," according to market sources. He specialises in trade mark and branding work in a variety of sectors, including technology, entertainment and manufacturing."
- Acted for various clients in claims against former employees for misuse of confidential information, copyright, database right and trade mark infringement
- Advised on resolution of data breach for media business
- Acted in domain name disputes before WIPO, for both complainants and respondents (see further below)
- Advised on the proposed termination of a merchandising licence agreement
- Acted for software house on alleged trade mark infringement & passing off following expiry of reseller agreement
- Advised technology spin out business in disputed collaboration relating to patented technology
- Acted for various professional photographers in copyright infringement claims including Sheldon v Daybrook House (see below)
- Advised charities including sports national governing bodies on intellectual property & competition issues
- Acted in trade mark oppositions for clients in sectors including technology, retail and automotive
- Acted in High Court proceedings for groundless threats of trade mark infringement
- Advised manufacturers on competition law issues on pricing
- Acting for those seeking urgent, emergency court orders (injunctions) and those resisting and responding to urgent court applications
"He is excellent – a great communicator, very thorough and organised"
Iain sat his law degree at Exeter University. He trained with Wright Hassall and qualified in 1999.
Iain's interests include playing touch rugby but watching full contact rugby, as well as running around after his children and helping at a dads & children’s group (Who Let the Dads Out).