"Iain Colville is a "very experienced litigator" who "comes up with sensible solutions to problems," according to market sources. He specialises in trade mark and branding work in a variety of sectors, including technology, entertainment and manufacturing."
- Provided clearance advice for a prime-time television advertisement
- Advised a major software provider in a copyright licensing dispute with a reseller
- Acted for supplier of consumer safety products on a patent infringement claim against a competitor
- Acted for an online service provider in dispute with a former licensee infringing our client’s copyright and trade marks on social media
- Acted in claims involving former employees and the misuse of confidential information, copyright, database right and trade mark infringement
- Advised a major automotive parts manufacturer on the impact of Brexit across its intellectual property portfolio
- Acted in patent infringement and validity dispute for telecoms installation supplier
- Advised on trade mark infringement and passing off claim between major brand and merchandise retailer
- Advised on resolution of data breach for fintech business
- Acted in domain name disputes before WIPO, for both complainants and respondents.
- Acted for various professional photographers in copyright infringement claims including Sheldon v Daybrook House  EWPCC 26
- Acted in trade mark oppositions for clients in sectors including sports, technology, retail and automotive
- Acted in High Court proceedings for groundless threats of trade mark infringement
- Advised manufacturers on competition law issues on pricing
"He is excellent – a great communicator, very thorough and organised"
Iain sat his law degree at Exeter University. He trained with Wright Hassall and qualified in 1999.
Iain's interests include playing touch rugby but watching full contact rugby, as well as running around after his children and helping at a dads & children’s group (Who Let the Dads Out).