We advise individuals, couples and families on all aspects of wills and tax planning. Even if you think that you have a simple estate and straightforward family situation, your assets can be protected through efficient tax planning.
Where your estate or family situation is more complex, your assets can be protected and distributed in accordance with your wishes through a well-structured and tax efficient will.
We also have a top ranked team which advise on will disputes and inheritance disputes.
Our wills and tax planning lawyers advise on:
- preparing tax efficient wills for individuals, married couples and civil partners
- preparing tax efficient plans for farmers, farming families and business owners
- passing assets to individuals tax efficiently
- how to take advantage of inheritance tax reliefs such as those on business and agricultural property
- Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax planning
- post-death tax planning
- tax-efficient asset structuring and investments
- trust creation, administration and taxation
- charitable trusts and philanthropy
- will and inheritance tax disputes
We look forward to the new Inheritance Tax Residence Nil Rate Band which becomes available from 6th April this year. What does it mean from a will planning perspective?Read more
Making a Will is your chance to control what happens to your assets once you have passed away, so it makes sense to give your Will some careful thought. Your solicitor can guide you through all the issues you need to consider when making a Will.Read more
When you make a gift of cash or other assets, either during your lifetime or through your will after your death, there are certain exemptions from IHT available.Read more