We advise individuals, couples and families on all aspects of wills and tax planning. Even if you think that you have a simple estate and straightforward family situation, your assets can be protected through efficient tax planning.
Where your estate or family situation is more complex, your assets can be protected and distributed in accordance with your wishes through a well-structured and tax efficient will.
We also have a top ranked team which advise on will disputes and inheritance disputes.
Our wills and tax planning lawyers advise on:
- preparing tax efficient wills for individuals, married couples and civil partners
- preparing tax efficient plans for farmers, farming families and business owners
- passing assets to individuals tax efficiently
- how to take advantage of inheritance tax reliefs such as those on business and agricultural property
- Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax planning
- post-death tax planning
- tax-efficient asset structuring and investments
- trust creation, administration and taxation
- charitable trusts and philanthropy
- will and inheritance tax disputes
You can hardly open the pages of the farming press without stumbling over an article about succession planning – hardly surprising given that an estimated 60% of farmers do not have a succession plan.Read more
In April a new, higher rate of 3% stamp duty land tax was introduced for those buying a second property (or more) in an effort to curb the number of second home buyers and damp down the ‘Buy to Let’ market.Read more
Discussing how you might manage a substantial inheritance is difficult, particularly if you have lost a close relative or friend, the resulting change in your financial and personal circumstances is likely to prompt a review of the options open to you.Read more