We advise individuals, couples and families on all aspects of wills and tax planning. Even if you think that you have a simple estate and straightforward family situation, your assets can be protected through efficient tax planning.
Where your estate or family situation is more complex, your assets can be protected and distributed in accordance with your wishes through a well-structured and tax efficient will.
We also have a top ranked team which advise on will disputes and inheritance disputes.
Our wills and tax planning lawyers advise on:
- preparing tax efficient wills for individuals, married couples and civil partners
- preparing tax efficient plans for farmers, farming families and business owners
- passing assets to individuals tax efficiently
- how to take advantage of inheritance tax reliefs such as those on business and agricultural property
- Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax planning
- post-death tax planning
- tax-efficient asset structuring and investments
- trust creation, administration and taxation
- charitable trusts and philanthropy
- will and inheritance tax disputes
Two recent cases underline the precariousness of cohabiting when it comes to fair division of property (and other assets) in the event of death or separation where there is no formal agreement governing such matters between the parties.Read more
Understandably, the unprecedented chain of events set in motion by the outcome of the EU referendum will have unnerved many and excited others. However, the reality is that most people will not see any immediate change to their personal circumstances.Read more
There are many reasons why a person making a will (the testator) may wish to incorporate a trust, including: • to protect young or other vulnerable beneficiaries • to ensure that assets are safeguarded within the family • to maximise tax reliefsRead more