Caroline advises on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious personal and corporate insolvency matters.
Caroline advises insolvency practitioners, individuals, directors, businesses and creditors on all matters concerning bankruptcy, individual voluntary arrangements, liquidation, administration and company voluntary arrangements.
- Acted for the liquidator of a film production company in relation to a large number of claims pursuant to Sections 238 and 239 of the Insolvency Act 1986 and a high value misfeasance claim against the former director.
- Acted for the former liquidator on an application to restore a company to the register of companies to enable a distribution of money to creditors which materialised after the company’s dissolution and advising in relation to paragraph 99 IA 1986 on the payment of the former administrator’s costs and expenses.
- Acted for the joint liquidators of a large construction firm in relation to the application of Section 127 IA 1986, the recovery of an overdrawn director’s loan account and advising on a debenture granted shortly before the liquidation to a connected company
- Acted on numerous occasions for administrators and directors in relation to placing companies into administration, preparing and filing the requisite appointment paperwork and asset sale agreements
- Acted for a number of trustees in bankruptcy in relation to applications for possession and sale of property and advising on exceptional circumstances, equity of exoneration and equitable accounting
- Acted for the former directors of a leisure company that had gone into liquidation in relation to alleged claims for wrongful trading and misfeasance and defeating the claims entirely
- Acted on numerous occasions for landlords whose tenants have gone into administration or liquidation and advising on their position generally.
Recent reported cases:
- Everitt v Budhram (A Bankrupt)  EWHC
- Singh v Hicken (TiB of Singh)  EWHC 3277
Caroline worked for Darbys Solicitors LLP from 2004 until January 2016 when they were acquired by Knights Professional Services. She stayed with Knights Professional Services until November 2016.
Caroline has a keen interest in travel and spent a few months travelling around Thailand and Australia after graduating from University. She also enjoys cycling, skiing, diving and running. She skis every year, has taken part in a number of endurance mountain bikes races, she has obtained her SSI Open Water and Advanced Open Water diving qualifications.