Claire is a senior associate within the outsourcing, technology and commercial team with extensive in-house commercial experience within the social care sector, with particular focus on public procurement contracts, contract management and strategic planning for businesses.
Claire now acts for a wide range of clients, from individuals and small businesses to larger, multi-national clients.
Her key area of expertise is data privacy, with particular focus on the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, advising clients as to the development and implementation of internal systems for compliance including risk assessments, data audits, internal policies and training through to data protection issues that arise on a daily basis.
Claire’s day to day commercial experience includes arrangements such as supply of good and services, agency and distribution agreements, service contracts for both private and public sectors, non-disclosure agreements. She adopts a practical approach and delivers solution based legal advice to all clients.
- Created and managed the implementation of a data privacy compliance programme across a £160 million turnover multi-national business as well as a variety of UK based household names.
- Negotiated the terms for the creation of a research centre between a private sector company and Oxford University.
- Advised on and drafted joint venture agreements for a UK company with organisations located in Europe, Canada and Australia.
- Assisted a client in their service provision on behalf of local authorities, regularly advising and negotiating high value procurement framework contracts.
- Advised a national care services provider on its data privacy obligations following a serious breach of sensitive personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998, liaising with the ICO on its behalf and successfully avoiding penalties.
Claire completed her training at Thursfields, qualifying in 2009. She worked in house for a multi-national social care service provider for several years, before joining Wright Hassall in 2017
Claire enjoys spending time with her family and friends and combining that with walking her dogs whenever possible.