Practising originally as a real estate lawyer, Judith has for many years focussed more on the finance aspects of real estate. She has a wealth of experience in property development and investment facilities, re-financings as well as giving general consultative advice. She has considerable experience acting for both lenders and borrowers across a wide range of industry sectors and borrower types, from overseas corporations to entities in the not-for-profit sector.
- Acted for a bank lending to a professional medical membership organisation with charitable status on its development and term loan facilities in connection with the development of its new headquarters in central London. This involved issues relating to the finance documents, the property title, the construction aspects, and also right of light issues
- Acted for a client borrowing facilities from a bank for the development of an airport-based hotel to be run by an operator under an international franchise brand
- Acting for a non-bank lender of development senior, mezzanine, and bridging facilities to residential developers incorporating terms providing for a profit share, including the preparation of a suite of standard documentation. This required keeping the documents constantly under review with the benefit of experience gained on live transactions on which her team was also acting
- Acting for a private development company that specialises in working in partnership with local government to deliver an urban renewal project in its various aspects, including the acquisition and financing of remediated land.
Before joining Wright Hassall, Judith was a Partner at Gowling WLG / Wragge Lawrence Graham / Lawrence Graham. She has also previously worked for Davenport Lyons as a Partner, from 2009 - 2013, and Eversheds from 1984– 2009 (becoming a Partner in 2000).
- Investment Property Forum
- Judith was one of the founding members of Women in Property Midlands Branch shortly after which she went to become National Chair.
Judith enjoys film, theatre, walking, yoga, pilates and dancing.