Malcolm leads the finance team and is the Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration (COFA).
He is a member of the wider group leadership team and Management Board and is involved in aspects of financial and business decision making. Combining extensive financial due diligence and project management expertise, Malcolm considers all opportunities for new ventures to maximise ways to sustain long term business growth.
A highly operational finance professional with both a strategic and collaborative approach Malcolm is able to implement strategy and drive change. He is a knowledgeable and considered Finance Director, who puts the business’s needs at the heart of all his decision making.
His highest priority is to help Wright Hassall achieve sustainable revenue growth and profit delivery.
- Based on a big four accountancy background including corporate finance and business compliance.
- Malcolm has performed various operational roles leading finance teams in hi-tech sectors including more recent director level roles in international consulting, manufacturing, engineering and telecoms businesses.
- Acted as the lead on business acquisitions and post-merger integrations in engineering and consulting companies.
- Carried out specialist investigation work for banks, venture capital firms and plc boards as a basis for corporate recovery and growth.
- Carried out company secretarial and compliance roles and has also directed teams in property and IT disciplines.
- Malcolm is also experienced in understanding and controlling complex business models and gained PRINCE2 project management accreditation in 2010.
I worked with Malcolm as a fellow director of the statutory board. It has been great working with Malcolm. He has taken such good care of the business over the past few years, for which the company owes him a debt of thanks for that. Malcolm has taught me more about company finance than anyone. His judgement is impeccable. I would recommend him to anyone