Nathan is an associate in the firm’s corporate team.
Nathan advises on a broad range of corporate transactions and company law. Nathan has particular experience in: private company acquisitions and disposals; tax efficient demergers and group simplifications/reorganisations; joint ventures in relation to land development; and designing and implementing share awards in growth companies and family investment companies.
Nathan is a member of the firm’s Manufacturing sector group, having led or assisted on various acquisitions and disposals in this sector since 2011.
Nathan's experience includes advising:
- Hilco Capital Limited and a number of its portfolio companies on various restructurings, share and asset disposals and acquisitions;
- various companies within the Synergy Health Limited (formerly Synergy Health Plc (LSE: SYR)) group on share and asset purchases and business disposals;
- the shareholders of a Transactor Global Solutions Limited on its sales to Open GI Limited for £40m;
- the founder shareholder and an angel investor on the sale of their shares in a leading London based online retail platform for up to £37M;
- the founder shareholder on the partial buy out of his flexible packaging company to management for £32M;
- one of the UK’s leading banks on the terms and effect of various demergers and group simplifications of borrower companies and granting ‘safe to lend’ status;
- numerous property investment companies with net asset values of up to £12M on various demergers via section 110 reconstructions and capital reductions; and
- various privately owned companies (from start-ups right through to private equity backed portfolio companies) on the award of shares and share options to management using Employee Shareholder Status (ESS – abolished since the 2016 Autumn Statement), Enterprise Management Incentives (EMI) and growth shares.
Having read law at Sheffield, Nathan completed his professional studies at the College of Law Birmingham. Nathan qualified in 2013 on completing his training contract with the firm.
Nathan is a sports enthusiast with a particular liking of football, Formula 1 and boxing.