Claire has worked in the real estate sector for over twenty years and leads the Development & Securitisation Team.
She specialises in residential development and portfolio securitisation. Claire advises on all aspects of instant and strategic land acquisition, development and disposal acting for developers, promoters, land owners and Registered Providers. Her experience includes:
- complex conditional contracts
- fixed and variable price contracts
- option agreements
- promotion agreements
- development agreements
- golden brick contracts
- overage agreements
- collaboration agreements
- land assembly projects
- joint venture agreements
On the securitisation side, Claire helps her Registered Provider clients to charge their stock maximising value to secure multi million pound debt finance.
Claire Waring "is extremely efficient, she always answers the phone or returns calls, and her advice is accurate and helpful."
Claire has acted for:
- a developer in a tripartite transaction which involved the acquisition of a site from Homes England and the development and sale of a proportion of the units to a Registered Provider. The development works were carried out under a building lease with the freehold being transferred in phases at practical completion.
- a developer in the multi party conditional acquisition of land surrounding Leamington Spa train station. The transaction involved site assembly and the development of a new out of town bus station.
- a Registered Provider client on the conditional long leasehold acquisition of a landmark vacant office building in Stratford Upon Avon. The site was redeveloped to provide an award winning private rented scheme.
- a Registered Provider client in connection with the conditional acquisition of the section 106 affordable housing on a very high profile brown field regeneration site in Swindon. The developer is a building society which is starting to build homes again for the first time in a hundred years and the scheme has attracted national press coverage.
- a Registered Provider client on four separate joint venture agreements with a private developer.
Claire is retained by a land promotion company to deal with its promotion agreements and land sales.
Claire is currently instructed on securitisation exercises by Registered Provider clients including Orbit Group Limited, Platform Housing Limited and Accent Housing Limited.
Clients hold Claire Waring in high regard, noting that "she is responsive and able to explain legal matters in plain English."
Claire has a degree in Law with French and qualified with City firm Cameron McKenna. In 1999 Claire moved to the Midlands and joined Wragge & Co in Birmingham. From 2004 until 2008 Claire worked in house with plc housebuilders David Wilson Homes and Bovis Homes. Claire joined Wright Hassall in 2008 and became a partner in 2010.
Outside work Claire enjoys the Leamington Park Run, cinema and skiing.