Dal has over 17 years of experience working and advising on all areas of family law which include complex financial disputes in a wide range of cases from high net worth businesses, substantial pensions and cases with significant pre-marital assets.
Dal has a wealth of experience in dealing with divorce cases from the Asian community and being Asian herself, has an excellent understanding of the culture. Dal understands that often due to the community it is important that the matter is dealt with sensitively. Dal is also fluent in Punjabi, which enables her to advise those who are not able to speak English.
She understands that Asian divorces are often not straightforward, for example, there is often mixed funding to purchase properties with extended families without any legal documents setting out any beneficial interests and if the marriage breaks down, they make seek a return of the money which they have contributed. There may be assets or bank accounts oversees which may need to be taken into consideration. Often there are issues when a Dowry has been paid by one party.
"They were supportive through very emotional and difficult circumstances. They were open to my thoughts and opinions and gave tailored, practical advice I could trust."
- Dal has the knowledge to be able to obtain the relevant information and interpret the complex documentation to enable the parties to reach a financial settlement that is legally binding
- Dal also advises in matters relating to divorce, children arrangements, pre and post nuptial agreement and injunctions
- Dal is a member of Resolution which is an organisation of family lawyers who are dedicated to resolving matters in a constructive and non-confrontational way. As a trained mediator, Dal promotes to resolving issues without the requirement of issuing Court proceedings, however, if court proceedings are required, she is also able to deal with these meticulously
- Dal is an Advanced Family Law Panel Member specialising in Children and Injunction matters
- Dal has a friendly and pragmatic approach which puts her clients at ease in what is often a stressful and difficult time
"Has a very professional team"
Dal trained and qualified with a small firm in Stratford upon Avon where she became a Partner after her qualification.
She moved to the southeast in 2013 and headed up a team in Surrey where she practised for two years before returning to the Midlands to a firm in the Worcestershire area.
- Member of Resolution.
- Accredited by the Law Society Family Law Advanced Panel.
- Family Mediators Association (FMA) trained mediator.
Dal enjoys travelling and spending time with her two children.