"Laura did a wonderful and thorough job, always available to advise and always able to calm my concerns. I honestly believe I couldn’t have been in any better hands, she is a jewel in your company."
Sport and equestrian
- Advised National Governing Body on their competition structure and with particular reference to gender equality
- Advised and successfully defended 2 parallel appeals on behalf of National Governing Body relating to the lawfulness of a team selection decision. The selector’s decision was vindicated.
- Successfully defended an NGB in an appeal by a high profile athlete against the selection decision for a major international competition.
- Laura was the instructing solicitor on behalf of Mr Paul Hart in the first case to be brought before the London 2012 ad hoc Court of Arbitration for Sport: Alex Peternell v South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee and the South African Equestrian Federation, and Mr Paul Hart (Third Party).
- Advised British Equestrian Federation and British Showjumping in an appeal to the FEI Tribunal and CAS relating to the decision of the FEI to relegate the Great Britain Show Jumping Team from the top league of the Nations Cup.
- Regularly advises sports governing bodies on disciplinary and regulatory issues, including breaches of competition rules, child protection issues and gender equality.
- Successfully acted on behalf of the owner of an International Grand Prix dressage horse in respect of veterinary negligence.
- Advised on, and successfully concluded, an high value partnership dispute regarding a dairy farm.
- Advised a local Breed Society in respect of a claim for breach of contract and agency arising out of an auction sale and purchase.
- Advised on various contracts in respect of breaches, interpretation of Heads of Terms and contract farming
- Advised on and successfully concluded a number of contract disputes including breach of contract, interpretation and incorporation of terms and conditions.
- Acted for an international company in a claim against its former CEO/Finance Director for alleged breach of fiduciary duty and fraud.
- Assisted the lead consultant acting on behalf of an international engineering specialist in relation to a multi-million pound shareholder dispute.
- Has acted for a variety of clients in professional negligence claims against solicitors
"City firm service, but from a regional firm – local, personable and cost-effective."
Laura graduated from Birmingham University with an LLB Honours Degree and completed the Legal Practice Course at Birmingham College of Law. Laura qualified as a solicitor in April 2008 and qualified to be a Solicitor Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience in 2010.
Laura was appointed to the Sports Advocacy Section of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Pro Bono Legal Advice and Representation Service and has been involved in the Legal Panel Framework offered by Sports and Recreation Alliance.
Laura enjoys horse riding, particularly dressage, Latin American and ballroom dancing, and scuba diving.