Laura has experience of helping clients with issues arising out of relationship breakdowns, but also where parties are looking to progress their relationship by moving in together, getting married or entering into a civil partnership.
Laura regularly deals with complex children matters and her experience includes:
- Dealing with several cases where there have been protracted proceedings spanning a number of years and the Court is faced with parties making serious allegations against the other and having to consider changing a child’s residence.
- Dealing with a matter where one of the parties was living under the witness protection scheme and the Court had to decide the living arrangements for the children bearing in mind the serious risks associated with the family.
- Dealing with a case where one of the parties persistently breached Orders.
- Dealing with cases with jurisdictional issues.
Laura also advises in relation to other family law matters and her experience includes:
- Dealing with the financial matters arising out divorce and separation where various assets are involved and sometimes high net worth individuals.
- Drafting and advising in relation to pre-nuptial agreements, sometimes where considerable wealth is involved and one of the parties seeks to protect this in the event of the marriage ending.
- Drafting cohabitation agreements, declarations of trust and dealing with property disputes when an unmarried couple separates.
After completing the Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at The University of Law in Birmingham, Laura began working for a well known family firm in Birmingham where she qualified in 2015. She then worked for a number of other firms in the West Midlands area before joining Wright Hassall.
Outside of work Laura enjoys travelling, skiing, rock climbing and reading. She also has three rabbits who take up much of her spare time.