Lucy is a solicitor in the outsourcing, technology and commercial team, supporting on the drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts for a wide variety of clients across a number of sectors including charities and education.
Lucy is a solicitor in the outsourcing, technology and commercial contracts team and supports on the drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts for a wide variety of clients.
“Lucy Baskott handled my case with the efficiency & speed required in a difficult time-critical situation. Her advice & explanation were accurate and clear & I felt that she completely understood what I needed and she worked for my best interests. I am very pleased with the service I received & I would use Wright Hassall again without any hesitation. Thank you Lucy”
- Advising on contract terms to comply with the requirements of UK consumer legislation;
- Advising on the intellectual property provisions of an asset purchase agreement;
- Drafting a set of terms and conditions for the design and manufacture of bespoke metal goods;
- Advising clients on the requirements on the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and assisting with the preparation of a Modern Slavery Statement;
- Drafting bespoke employment and commercial policies for corporate clients;
- Advising on the TUPE provisions of commercial agreements and leases; and
- Advising clients in relation to IR35.
- Advising on direct marketing under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations and GDPR; and
- Assisting companies and charities to achieve GDPR compliance in their data collection and processing activities.
- Advising on and drafting Apprentice Training Services Agreement (ATSA) between the training provider and the employer, both for new apprentices and for existing apprentices transferring to a new employer. This requires up to date knowledge with the ESFA Funding Rules;
- Advice around the implications of remote service delivery as a result of the restrictions of movement brought about by COVID-19, particularly in relation to disclaiming liability, and queries around jurisdiction; and
- Drafting collaboration agreements for the joint delivery of academic courses.
"Wright Hassall offer excellent overall performance. They listen to their clients' needs and respond accordingly. They are highly commercial and accurate in everything they do."
Lucy graduated from the University of Birmingham with a 2:1 degree in English Literature in 2012.
Lucy then spent two years studying the Graduate diploma in Law, before completing the Legal Practice Course with a distinction. Lucy also has an Msc in Law, Business and Management with distinction.
Lucy joined Wright Hassall in 2012, working as a paralegal in the commercial litigation team for over two years before commencing her training contract.
Lucy qualified as a Solicitor in October 2018.
Lucy has recently completed a three month secondment at a university, advising on a wide range of contracts for income generating commercial activities across a number of departments. During her secondment Lucy provided practical commercial advice on a number of issues, including those arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Lucy is on the committee of the Warwickshire Junior Lawyers Division.