As a specialist in construction and engineering procurement, Michael advises on a variety of contracts (e.g. JCT, NEC3, MF/1, ICC, PPC2000), professional terms of appointment (e.g. RICS, ACE, RIBA) bonds, guarantees and ancillary documentation.
Contractors, designers, employers, occupiers and funders have instructed Michael in a wide variety of sectors including social housing, health, education, sport and leisure, waste, logistics, manufacturing, local government and energy.
Michael sits on the Constructing Excellence Midlands Leadership Council and has previously worked for what was called the Department of Trade and Industry.
"I have always found Michael’s style and advice very helpful. Michael is certainly meticulous and also very consistent."
- Advising specialist contractors on domestic and international engineering contracts
- Advising on innovative urban regeneration in Nottingham, Leicester, and Coventry.
- Advising housing associations on the redevelopment of housing stock
- Advising developers and owners of community medical centres, doctors' surgeries, care homes, and specialist veterinary hospitals
- Advising local authorities on the redevelopment of offices and leisure centres, along with issues connected to the outsourcing of the maintenance and operation of those facilities.
- Advising retail clients on refurbishment and maintenance frameworks.
- Acting for banks, building societies and other lenders providing development finance.
- Advising architects, structural engineers and quantity surveyors on a fixed fee basis for commercial and insurance risk review terms of engagement
"Michael is always focused on delivering customer requirements"
Michael worked previously in the Nottingham offices of Eversheds and Freeth Cartwright before moving to Wright Hassall in May 2014.