"Wright Hassall LLP is well-known for its real estate development funding expertise"
Commercially focused, pragmatic, and solutions orientated, Neil provides dynamic and refreshing legal support with a highly personable approach. The aim always to keep it simple and the process smooth, achieve commercial goals, and get the job done on time, within budget, with least business disruption and minimum stress/hassle for the client.
- Acting for a European consumer goods company that acquires and scales category leading Amazon FBA brands sold across global marketplaces on the provision of a £75m acquisition finance facility from North Wall Capital.
- Acting for Denby Pottery Group on the provision of £10m receivables finance and inventory facilities with Sterling Trust Bank PLC.
- Acting for Bank of Nova Scotia on the provision of multi-million cross border term loan and revolving credit facilities to international news and media organisation Proactive Group.
- Acting for Permanent TSB PLC on the provision of multi-million cross border term loan facilities to leading global low calorie, low sugar, soft drinks provider Vt Hit Group
- Acting for a privately owned hotel group on the provision of two refinancing loan facilities totalling £10m from HSBC in conjunction from a £3.6m working capital mezzanine finance facility from Duke Capital Finance Ltd.
- Acting for Piper Homes PLC on the provision of multi-million debt finance facilities to facilitate the acquisition of several development sites.
- Acting for BMW Finance on the provision of multiple working capital, acquisition, and share buyout, finance facilities to a number of motor vehicle dealerships.
- Acting for Shawbrook Bank, Cynergy Bank, Wesleyan Bank, Lloyds Bank, and Thincats, on various corporate acquisition, MBO/MBI, refinancing, and corporate restructuring, transactions.
- Acting for shareholders on a multi-million sale of Principle Healthcare Group to German based Euro Vital Pharma (backed by Capiton private equity) which included the sale of subsidiary businesses based in Germany and Slovakia.
- Acting on a multimillion sale of Britain’s largest manufacturer of luxury worktops to a multinational PLC joinery business which supplies kitchens and joinery products to the building trade
- Acting for the MBO/MBIs teams on the acquisitions of Smyle Creative Group backed by Rookpool Investments; and Mattresses Online Group backed by Clydesdale.
- Acting on start-up and scale up investment rounds for Floa Sports Group.
- Acting on the corporate demerger and restructuring of Moda in Pelle and Daniels Footwear.
"Wright Hassall did such a professional job and played a really big part in delivering the deal, which was my team’s signature deal for this year"
On leaving school after A levels, Neil joined Northern Rock plc as a management trainee where he worked several years in various full time legal and commercial roles at Head Office whilst studying towards qualification as a solicitor. Sponsored by Northern Rock through a BTEC National Certificate in Business and Finance (2 years evening classes); an Honours Law Degree (3 years distance learning); and the Legal Practice Course (9-month sabbatical); eventually qualifying at as solicitor in December 1996 at age of 23.
After a short spell working as an in-house lawyer with North Rock, Neil moved into private practice where he has spent his career to date working in both the corporate, and banking and finance, teams of full-service national and regional law firms such as Ward Hadaway, Watson Burton, Keebles, Lupton Fawcett, Gateley Legal, HCR Law and TLT including a 6 month spell working in Dubai.
Neil’s two boys keep him and his wife active most weekends – airsoft, paint ball, gym, local health spa, away days, and regular walks for Zara the boxer dog. A keen performance car and computer flight simulator enthusiastic, he loves fish and chips (with scraps!) and keeping on top of his Audi RS6. Time out on his tourer motor bike (BMW RT1200) with his son and wife who have their own bikes also gives him a break from Chicco, his wife’s African Grey parrot, that never shuts up and drives him mad