"Wright Hassall offer excellent overall performance. They listen to their clients' needs and respond accordingly. They are highly commercial and accurate in everything they do."
Patrick specialises in a variety of areas, including:
- IT & Technology - Worked on secondment for 18 months at an international telecommunications service provider, helping draft and negotiate the contractual terms governing the exit and renegotiation of a major public sector outsourcing contract.
- Logistics & Distribution - Reviewed, advised on and negotiated a new agreement for the provision of warehousing and logistics services to a bicycle design and manufacturing company.
- Outsourcing - advised a premiership rugby club in relation to the outsourcing of catering services at its premises and assisted with the drafting and negotiation of the terms of the agreement between the club and the new catering provider.
- GDPR -Delivered training to a premiership rugby club on how to carry out B2B and B2C marketing in a GDPR-compliant way.
- GDPR - Carried out full data protection audit and gap reports and subsequently drafted GDPR-compliant internal data protection policies and procedures for various clients.
- Intellectual Property - Advised a provider of plant-based meat-alternative products on the important issues to consider from an intellectual property perspective when seeking to engage an R&D company to develop and invent new methodologies to improve the commercial viability of its products.
- Gaming - Worked closely with and supported a local award-winning independent games studio in the development and launch of its debut gaming experience on a global online gaming platform, which involved drafting a bespoke set of terms of service for the game, assisting the business in identifying what personal data it collected from users of its games and advising the business on the impact of Brexit on its data protection obligations towards users of its games.
- Consumer Law - Advised a local conference and wedding venue on its terms and conditions for hiring its premises and for the provision of training programmes and services, by the venue, to individuals attending corporate events there.
"Taking on data protection was a daunting task. But through the training, coaching and mentoring from the team I have found a passion for privacy and data protection."
Patrick achieved a 2:1 in Law at the University of Birmingham before completing the Legal Practice Course with a distinction. He has worked at Wright Hassall since 2012, first as a paralegal and then as a trainee solicitor, gaining over three years of experience in the commercial team in the process.
Patrick is on the Committee of the Warwickshire Junior Lawyers Division and has helped establish a Mentoring Scheme between law students at Coventry University and junior lawyers from the Warwickshire region.
Patrick is a keen sports enthusiast who enjoys running and playing five a side football on a regular basis as well as following the travails of his beloved Yorkshire County Cricket Club whenever the weather permits.
He is also a keen traveller and reader, attending Leamington’s Feminist Book Club on a monthly basis.