Peter is straightforward, easy to work with and has the ability to make you feel confident
- For over 10 years Peter was one of the few (and youngest!) solicitors to act on behalf of children in care and adoption cases. He advocated personally on their behalf appearing before senior judges in the Higher Courts on complex legal issues.
- He has acted for ultra and very high net worth individuals in the preparation of pre and post nuptial agreements. These agreements have allowed clients to plan their future lives effectively, particularly where extended families are involved.
- His commercial training helped Peter in his financial practice. He has dealt with just about every commercial structure and diverse property such as Formula One sponsorship deals; wine cellars and crypto-currency.
- His work representing children in very complex cases gives him the ability to help parents through these key issues when a problem occurs.
- Peter enjoys working in the rural business sector. The issues facing farming families can be hard to unlock and are often multi-generational.
- He has been part of the management and strategic planning for the firm and continues to enjoy this aspect of his role.
"He is very knowledgeable and experienced. He understands how to progress issues tactically but without confrontation."
After graduating from the University of Liverpool, Peter competed his training at Booth and Co and was a partner and head of the family team at Langleys in York for over a decade before moving to join Wright Hassall. He has been a Resolution member throughout his career and has trained as a mediator.
- Resolution (formerly known as Solicitors Family Law Association)
Away from work, Peter enjoys playing sport and listening to music, both at the less energetic end of the spectrum, and spends too much time supporting his home town football club.