Peter is straightforward, easy to work with and has the ability to make you feel confident
- Peter trained and began his career in a commercial law firm. The chance to undertake family work proved inspiring and Peter has worked solidly in this area of the law ever since.
- For over 10 years Peter was one of the few (and youngest!) solicitors to act on behalf of children in care and adoption cases. He advocated personally on their behalf appearing before senior judges in the Higher Courts on complex legal issues. These including reported cases. This experience gave him great insight on how conflict affects families.
- He has acted for ultra and very high net worth individuals in the preparation of pre and post nuptial agreements. These agreements have allowed clients to plan their future lives effectively, particularly where extended families are involved. He enjoys this fast-growing area of work.
- His commercial training helped Peter in his financial practice. Over the past 17 years he has seen and had to understand just about every commercial structure. Peter’s guidance has helped to unlock the relevant information and provide a clear path for his clients to follow. In this work he has learnt how to deal with a vast array of assets. Valuations of property, savings and pensions are a daily occurrence. However, cases have involved dealing with property as diverse as Formula One sponsorship deals; wine cellars and crypto-currency.
- Families are at the heart of his experience as a lawyer. Peter relishes work on children cases particularly where these involve changes to living arrangements or specific areas of conflict such as school fees or medical treatment. His work representing children in very complex cases gives him the ability to help parents through these key issues when a problem occurs.
- Peter has a specialism and enjoys working in the rural business sector. The issues facing farming families are often generational and diverse. The cases he has undertaken have given him an appreciation of the unique way the agricultural sector works. There are often extended family relationships that require practical solutions to unlock or preserve value build up over generations.
"He is very knowledgeable and experienced. He understands how to progress issues tactically but without confrontation."
Peter attended the University of Liverpool. He competed his training at Booth and Co and was a partner and head of the family team at Langleys in York for over a decade before moving to join Wright Hassall. He has been a Resolution member throughout his career and has trained a mediator.
Peter is a partner and works with the senior leadership team on the strategic direction of the firm.
- Resolution (formerly known as Solicitors Family Law Association)
Away from work, Peter enjoys playing sport and listening to music, both at the less energetic end of the spectrum, and spends too much time supporting his home town football club.