Jo is an experienced commercial and technology lawyer and advises clients, on both the supplier and purchaser side, across a broad range of sectors, including technology, telecommunications, transport/logistics, retail and financial services. Aside from advising on the contractual aspects Jo assists clients in managing their risk and financial exposure in their day to day business transactions.
Jo has considerable experience in advising on all aspects of technology and commercial law, which includes: IT outsourcing; software/website and app developments; licensing, SAAS and ASP agreements, IT standard Terms and Conditions: support and maintenance, website development and compliance; e-commerce and distance selling; supply chain contracts including agreements relating to transport, logistics and warehousing, agency, distribution and franchising; IP assignments and licences; PR; marketing agreements and publishing contracts.
Jo’s expertise also extends to all aspects of data protection law and Jo regularly advises on data processing agreements and transfers of data outside of the EEA and has undertaken DP audits to advise clients on compliance with data protection law .
- Advised a technology provider in connection with outsourcing by Central Government of the provision of voice-over internet protocol (VOIP) and related telecoms services.
- Advised technology vendor in connection with a number of technology contracts for household name end users.
- Advised a leading telecommunications provider on a major supply of technology services to a leading broadcaster.
- Advised manufacturer/distributor on logistics arrangements (including freight forwarding).
- Advised and drafted website, software and app developments agreements for the provider of technology to the education sector.
- Advised author on a publishing contract.
Jo’s expertise and experience was immediately apparent and she was able to quickly set out a practical way forward for any and every issue raised. Although I thought that our situation would be fairly unusual the team clearly had niche technology expertise which enabled us to hit the ground running. I was really impressed by their work. The advice was clear and to the point and the drafting was of a high standard despite the need for a quick turnaround. The service was very friendly and professional. I would recommend them without hesitation
Before joining Wright Hassall, Jo was in the technology and commercial team at Eversheds. In addition, she also acted as Eversheds' 'in house' lawyer for a number of large national and overseas outsourcing projects, including Eversheds IT services. Jo has further broadened her experience by performing secondments at clients premises in various sectors including a leading life assurance and pensions group, regional airport; leading technology provider, and leading building society providing her further with appreciation and understanding of client needs and business.
Jo enjoys cooking, reading and going to the gym (when time permits).