Andrew has been acting for housing associations since 1981. His main work is stock transfer and all forms of property work for housing associations.
"Andrew Dudley is an expert in advising registered providers on development agreements, including golden brick agreements. He is also adept at handling stock transfers. Sources note that "he is very knowledgeable and personable."
- Advised local authorities and housing associations on twelve housing stock transfers varying in size from 2000 to 135000 homes. Andrew wrote the first environmental insurance policy to support stock transfer warranties (an initiative that is recognised as enabling large numbers of urban stock transfers to take place)
- Completed numerous sales by co-ownership societies to their tenants under the option to purchase created by the Housing Act 1980
- Acted on behalf of a national registered provider in the purchase of 600 properties from another national registered provider
- Advised and completed a number of large scale developments involving consortia of housing associations
- Currently working on two long term housing association regeneration projects requiring a standardised approach to development.
"Clients describe Andrew Dudley as "very effective and responsive"
Andrew trained at Johnson and Co in Birmingham. On qualification Andrew started work at Needham and James where he became a partner and created and built up a full service housing association team. Subsequently a partner in the Shakespeare Martineau social housing team before joining Wright Hassall.
In his spare time Andrew enjoys watching his son play sport and walking the dog. He also follows professional rugby, football and cricket. Every year he goes on a pilgrimage to the Le Mans 24 hour motor race.