Gill advises on all aspects of commercial property and has dealt extensively with retail property, non-contentious landlord and tenant, freehold acquisitions and disposals (including investment property) and general portfolio management work.
Gill advises retailers on all aspects of their property portfolios, acquisitions and disposals (including out of town retail parks) and general property management work. Gill has also dealt with secured lending work acting for both banks and borrowers and also has considerable experience of dealing with non-contentious insolvency property transactions (acting for insolvency practitioners and for purchasers) and corporate support.
She is also client relationship partner for numerous plc and other high profile clients. She regards it as essential to provide a high service level and to be very accessible to clients.
"large enough to provide a comprehensive range of legal services while maintaining strong client relationships at partner level."
- Advised Bravissimo Limited on all its real estate transactions since 2004.
- Acted on the disposal of TUI Travel plc's former head office Greater London House (a substantial art deco building in Mornington Crescent.
- Advised TUI Travel plc in relation to its real estate matters (including Thomson and First Choice Holidays amongst others).
- Acted for Burleigh Pottery on the sale and leaseback of Middleport Pottery to the Princes’ Regeneration Trust which included contractual provisions for the regeneration of this historic property.
- Acted for several household names on their national distribution warehouses.
- Represented clients taking substantial head office premises.
- Advised a leading charity on its general property work including acquisitions, landlord and tenant renewals as well as property management issues.
"Wright Hassall LLP’s work is ‘on a par with the big London firms’."
Gill qualified with Alsop Wilkinson (which merged and became DLA) and remained with them until 1997. After a career break Gill joined Wright Hassall in May 2001. At Alsop Wilkinson/DLA, Gill acted for several national retailers, a merchant bank on secured lending transactions and she dealt with the regional premises work for one of the main clearing banks. Gill also dealt with some regional premises work for a large international firm of accountants and the property work on the flotation of a major sportswear retailer.
Gill enjoys cooking, wine, films and theatre, walking and travel.